Microsoft Office 2021
Rating: 0.00 (Votes: 0)
Essential in office automation, Microsoft Office is the best office suite with more than 25 years of seniority and tools that have become benchmarks such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access.
Due to the variety of its software, it is suitable for a very large number of professions and it is therefore no surprise that it is very widespread in business. Admittedly, there are several alternative software but the Microsoft file formats (.doc(x), .xls(x), ppt(x)...) remain the standard for professional exchanges.
What's new for Microsoft Office?
With its latest versions, the Redmond company is constantly improving the software that makes up the suite. From the star word processor to the spreadsheet via the Powerpoint presentation software, the interface of each software has been redesigned and new features have been added.
Here is an overview of what's new:
Microsoft Office 2021
- Improved co-authoring with automatic sending of notifications (in case of document updates), modern comments and icons indicating the co-authors present in the documents;
- Modernization of the interface with a neutral color palette, simple visuals and rounded edges;
- Improvement of the Microsoft Search tool;
- Performance improvement ;
- New functions and formulas for dynamic tables in Excel;
- Added dark mode, focus tool and improved search in Word;
- Better saving of slideshows, optimization of slide organization and new animation in Powerpoint;
- Added translator and handwritten annotations in Outlook.
Microsoft Office 2019
- Simplified and improved collaboration with better tracking of changes (by co-authors) and version history;
- Quick one-click sharing from all software in the suite via OneDrive;
- Return of the assistant, this time named Tell Me, in order to find any functionality in the blink of an eye;
- Integration of Bing allowing you to carry out your web searches without leaving your document;
- Better interoperability between platforms. The user will thus easily switch from his computer to his tablet or his telephone.
A myriad of options for different user profiles
Today and as individuals, you have the choice between four formulas: Microsoft 365 Family, Microsoft 365 Personal, Office Home and Student 2021 and Microsoft Office Home and Small Business 2021.
The difference between the four?
- Microsoft 365 Family subscription can be used by up to 6 people with 1TB of OneDrive storage per person. It includes the premium version of Office and Outlook, technical support and the premium features of the Microsoft Family Safety app. All this for €99 per year.
- The Microsoft 365 Personal subscription offered at the price of €69 per year is limited to a single individual. It integrates the premium version of Office 2021 and Outlook, 1 TB of OneDrive storage and technical support.
- The classic Family and Student version allows you to use the basic version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote 2021 on a single computer with 60 days of technical support at the single price of €149.
- The classic Home and Business version includes the basic 2021 version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as technical support included for 60 days. Usable on a single computer, it costs the modest sum of €299 (single price).
For medium and large businesses as well as schools, Microsoft 365 also offers a large selection of subscriptions that can include additional applications and services such as Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, Publisher, Access, Intune and Azure.
The flagship software of Microsoft OfficeWord
The editor's office suite first includes Word. Very versatile, the word processing software allows you to write a letter as well as a novel. Microsoft offers rich page layouts, downloadable templates and a host of formatting tools. Over the years, Word has evolved to focus on creating multimedia documents.
Word is unquestionably the most popular application of this suite, used both by students and within any profession. For many, it is generally with Word that one begins to master the overall functionalities of a computer (creation of a document, saving, modifications, etc.)
Learn more about Microsoft Word for Windows
The Excel spreadsheet manager is also the reference in its field. Whether it is to establish a file of behaviore account or manage a database, Microsoft has designed a formidable pivot table tool.Microsoft Excel can be used to calculate expenses by generating a graph as well as listing a library and the support for macros gives it endless possibilities.
Learn more about Microsoft Excel for Windows
PowerPoint is an essential tool for creating classic and interactive presentations using slides. To capture the audience's attention, these can be punctuated with text, images, colored backgrounds, videos or tables and be interspersed with original animations and transitions.Widely adopted in the school and professional context, PowerPoint can also be used for the presentation of presentations, reports, projects, marketing plans and schedules.
Learn more about Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows
What are the best alternatives to Microsoft Office?
LibreOffice is a free office suite and free software whose reputation is second to none. Frequently updated, this derivative of OpenOffice is available on Windows, OS X and Linux. This consists of 6 software (Writer, Calc, Impress, Base, Draw and Match), ensures excellent compatibility with Office and OpenOffice and allows the import and export of documents in many formats.
A close cousin of LibreOffice, Apache OpenOffice is an open source office suite based on the OpenOffice.org project. Also equipped with Write, Calc, Impress, Base Draw and Math software, this recently updated suite offers many features as well as good compatibility with Microsoft 365 files. OpenOffice enjoys great popularity with administrations and educational establishments because it is free.
Suitable for professional use, ONLYOFFICE is an office solution for managing, classifying, designing and modifying documents online. Focused on collaborative work, this virtual office is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS and Linux as well as with Microsoft 365 software formats. Ergonomic and easy to use, the ONLYOFFICE solution consists of a spreadsheet, a a text editor and a slideshow creator.
Developed in France, CryptPad is an office suite combining productivity, collaboration and respect for privacy. It has 8 applications including a spreadsheet, a text editor, a workflow manager (kanban), a markdown slideshow creator and tools for writing code, making presentations, polls and storing documents. This free software stands out thanks to its end-to-end encryption and its various collaborative options.
User ReviewsAdd Comment & Review
Based on 0 Votes and 0 User Reviews
No reviews added yet.
Other Apps in This Category